Whenever we are talking about commuting on a regular basis, one of the options that comes to our mind is the bicycle. Bicycles are still one of the widely used forms of transportation in the whole world. Market cap of the global bicycle industry was valued at $54.54 billion in the year 2020. Since then, it has been expected to grow at an annual CAGR rate of 7% from 2021 to 2028. This tells you a lot about how far the bicycle industry has come over the years.
The bicycle industry has received a bigger boost with the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic. Many people decided to use bicycles rather than opting for public transport for traveling. Foldable bikes are the latest trend in the bike industry and people are fond of them. Are you planning to get one? Here are a few points that will tell you if it is a good investment or not.
Here are the top advantages of owning a foldable bike in today’s time –
- Foldable bikes are easy to store and can help you save a lot of space also. You can easily fold it to store it inside your home at any of the corners. It won’t take much space in the house.
- Foldable bikes can help you stay fit & healthy over time. Since you can carry them almost everywhere, you will be able to cycle anywhere you go. This can help you to keep your physical fitness at its best shape and levels.
- Foldable bikes are easier to travel with. These can be folded and carried at the back of a car, motorcycle or even by your own hands. They are lightweight, which makes it possible to carry them.
- The use of foldable bikes can help you to save the cost of rising fuel prices. You don’t need to refuel your bike or charge it overnight. You just have to paddle the bike and you will be at your destination. This helps to reduce the overall expenses that you have to pay.
Also, here are some quick cons of owning a foldable bike you should know.
- It does not matter if you are buying the best folding bike in my city, they are still compact & come with small tires. This impacts the overall stability of the bike and causes serious problems when you are riding over a rough patch.
- Due to the small tires that are equipped with the bicycles, it can be really tiring to ride a foldable bike at times. Due to the small radius of the tires, you need to paddle harder to move quickly. This will drain more energy over time.
Final Words –
We believe that foldable bikes can be a good investment if you are planning to use it to travel within your vicinity. Long trips on a foldable bike can be very hectic & tiring. So, for daily small distance commuting, they are a very cool option you can consider.